Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Great Grandma Bouldin

Today we said goodbye to an amazing woman and Phineas' great-grandmother.  Valora Bouldin will be so very missed by us all.  She was an outstanding wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother.  There are many things that I admire about Grandma and many things which I will continue to carry with me and hope to pass on in her memory like puzzles, pie crusts from scratch, and homemade fudge.  :)  I admire her marriage, the cute nicknames, and the way she and Grandpa literally finished eachother's sentences.  One of the things that I think will be the best tribute to Grandma's memory will be what I see each day in the face of my little boy.  From the second he was born, we said he had that "Miller lip".  The exact same upper lip as Grandma.  In his smile, I will see her.  Though she only met him through Skype, I know that she asked about him constantly, especially throughout the pregnancy.  I hope that we can raise him to be as good of a son as she raised her own children to be.  We love and miss you so much Grandma and take hope in the fact that you are in a better place


No comments:

Post a Comment