Friday, November 29, 2013

A Long Time Coming - A Birthday Party!

The number of blog posts is usually always related to how busy we are.  The past week and a half have been some of the busiest days ever.  Phineas had a great birthday party and a first birthday, we had lots of packing, and then lots of traveling until we got here to Cleveland for Thanksgiving.  Now that I finally have a chance to take pictures off the camera and update the blog, I'll try and get up all that we missed. 

First here are pictures from his birthday party.  The theme was from Phin's favorite story The Little Blue Truck.  We held it an indoor pavilion at the park near our house.  Indoor became key as it was in the low 20 degrees with lots of wind and windchill close to 5.  The party was a lot of fun.

Farm related activities and toys for the kids







The food spread.  I didn't get a picture of it, but each dish was labeled as part of the farm theme. There were pigs in a blanket, Old "Mac"Donald's Mac and Cheese, farm fresh veggies, hay (pretzel sticks), etc.










Phin enjoyed watching the balloons.

This cake is from a scene in the book where the dump truck is stuck in the mud and the little blue truck comes to help push him.

These are the farm animals that help out and are friends with Blue in the story.






Phin really likes Eden.




First bite of cake. Yummy!






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I know you posted this a while ago but could you tell me where ylu bought the yellow dump truck for little blue truck birthday? I'm having a hard time finding one for my son's 1st bday party! Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could be of more help! We actually found that dump truck at a local Salvation Army store. I just looked at the underside of it, since we still have it, and it was made by Tonka. However, it does have a date of 1988 on it. Good luck with your party! I hope you find a truck!

      Delete